Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Basement Can Now Be Taken Off The Home Improvement List

I can’t believe that it is already July! In only 8 short weeks classes will be back in session and I will be overly busy once again. The countdown is now on, as I have a list a mile long of things that I want to get done around the house, along with another list for class prep and the most important one with things to do with friends. This past week, my mom came up to visit and we were able to check off many things on the around the house list. I was very lucky when I moved into this house, as the basement was already paneled with a dry wall ceiling. Now, I am not going to say it was in move in condition, as you will see from the pictures ( in the album off to the right), but at least half the hard work was done. The rest of the hard work was completed this last week. We painted the walls and ceiling bright white, laid new tan carpet and most importantly, set up 8 storage racks in the furnace room. The furnace room started to get a make-over this past Winter when Jessica, Chad and Rae came up to help me paint the walls and the floor. Now with the addition of the storage racks the room is complete. The completion has given me the opportunity to organize my things and put them in places where I can find them. I cannot even tell you how rewarding it is to be able to find things when I need them; I have been going crazy over the last 2 years of never being fully packed or unpacked. Along with the basement, we were able to take down a rusty wire fence in the backyard, install a new light fixture over the sink in the kitchen, paint the interior French door in the kitchen (which was installed this past Winter, but never was painted), and weed the yard. As always, if anyone wants to see all this work in progress or the finished projects, you are welcome to visit. I love to have company and Mrs. Whiskers finds it mildly enjoying as well.