Sunday, July 27, 2008

Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend

I cannot lie, that statement is completely true! Diamonds are my best friend, so if you have some to share, send them my way! But, if you are a gal that owns her own house, a Troy-Built – 190cc –Self propelled lawn mower is a close second. This is especially true when the previous mower was bought at Montgomery Wards approximately 25 years ago. It was a good machine, but we had a love/hate relationship. So this weekend while my parents were up for a visit they bought me a new mower out of sympathy. It is shiny red and it goes really fast, I am gushing I know. I am just so happy to be able to efficiently mow my whole yard in less than 2 hours. Yea, me!

As if a brand new mower was not enough excitement for the weekend, my parents also helped me install a new mailbox post and box. My old mailbox was attached to the house and was rusty and ugly. It also leaked every time it rained and therefore a lot of letters were soaked. So the shiny new silver mailbox and bright white post is SUPER FUN and now I don’t have to lay my mail on the heater in order to read it.

So many things are going on with the house right now, new windows are being installed and soon siding will go up. I am taking pictures so I will be able to post those soon, you will be amazed at the progress. Soon I will not be the ugliest house on the block.