Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Fun

It is 80 degrees out, time for the pool! That is what we thought when Jessica, Jane and Rachel Carter beat the heat with me at my parent’s pool. We all had a great time and we were all very impressed with Jane’s swimming skills. A few swimming lessons this summer and Jane is able to go off the diving board and swim to the side of the pool all on her own. I am so proud of her! We then had snacks and played doll house with my mom, that was a hoot. Rachel enjoyed the little pets the most and fondly named the dog, Boy. Lunch was a pizza treat from the Cadet, YUM!

Recently, I also had the opportunity to visit Sara Rzepka at her beautiful home in Allen Park. The neighborhood she lives in is charming and full with the typical Detroit suburb brick bungalows, tree lined streets and cute little downtown areas. While visiting we braved the rain (which you can see from the picture) and made time to visit La Pita for some great Hummus and bread, Greenfield Village to visit Sara’s old employees and to walk around, the Boston Tea room for fun and IKEA to pick up some necessities for my house. It was a busy but, fun time! And she is already preparing for me to visit again, we still have lots on our list of things to do, a Tiger's game, more IKEA shopping and maybe even a day at the spa ....