Monday, February 16, 2009

Under The Weather Means … Behind In Updates

I have been a bit under the weather lately and therefore delinquent in my posts. So, here is a brief overview of what I have been up to for the past two weeks.

On the bathroom front we have made GREAT progress. The walls are completely painted and only the trim needs to be painted in high-gloss. I installed new lights and switches/plates to make everything look new and fresh. The new floor is installed – that was a trip. I had the flooring all picked out at Home Depot, it was a versailles pattern and a no-glue install, I loved it. But when we went to pick it up and bring it home to install, the store was out of it, even though they still showed they had some. I was so sad and mad all at the same time, there were almost tears in the HD flooring department. You would think it would be easy to find a replacement for that pattern, but that was less than the case. Saint Matthew and I drove to at least 5 different stores over the course of 6 hours in order to find something else that was similar and in the same price range. We finally found something that would work and then proceeded to install it around 8pm that night. With the floor completed, we took the next day to install the new toilet – which could only be half installed because the tank was the wrong size (thanks to this old house). And we installed the new vanity – which Matt and Erin had to completely rebuild because it was designed for the drain to be on the right-side and not the left (again thanks to this old house.) However, amongst all the strange set-backs the toilet and vanity are now installed and the bathroom is almost done!



Besides spending time in the bathroom I had a chance to go see “He’s Just Not That Into You” with some of my girlfriends. It was a cute movie and it is definitely a hit with the girls – the whole theater was girls, minus one or two boys who had obviously been dragged there.

I am so excited to say that had two visitors brave the snowy GR landscape over the past two weeks. First, I got a chance to meet Chrystal and Brook for breakfast. We had such a nice time chatting and getting caught up. Then, my mom came up, which was lots of fun - although, Erin came down with the stomach flu, so most of her visit was spent taking care of her and helping to keep the house sanitized. She is planning to visit again in March – I hope we can have a little more fun on that visit.

Valentine’s Day this year was nice and relaxed – partly because I was still under the weather, but also because at this point in my life I am not interested in going out to a restaurant and waiting 2 hours for dinner. Matt and I celebrated by spending most of the day together just hanging out and then going to CD release party for his old college friend, Lizz, who now has her own band – Blue Feather. The rest of our free time has been spent watching Planet Earth on High-Definition – I love it, I get so immersed in the quality of the video. We are going to have to put Planet Earth on lockdown this week – hard to believe, but it is mid-term week already, which means I need to write an exam, grade them and then post mid-term grades! I can’t believe how fast this semester is flying by….