Monday, March 30, 2009

Sick of Being Sick

I am completely and utterly sick of being sick. After resting and having Erin and Matt take care of me two weekends ago, I thought I was sure to be on the mend. But then I spent an entire night – sitting Indian Style over a hot water humidifier - in order to alleviate the pain in my jaw from the sinus pressure. At that point I made an appointment with the Dr. to see if it was an infection, in which it was. So, I started on a course of Steroids and Antibiotics – sure to make me feel better. But, here it is a full week after my appointment and I am still miserable – hence I am sick of being sick.

Being under the weather has drastically reduced my desire to do anything, but I did manage to do a few fun things including a trip to Royal Oak to see the Rob Bell book tour. I adore Royal Oak and I miss having the opportunity to venture there more often – so the opportunity for Matt and I to take a brief trip there was very welcoming. The lecture was on par with what we have heard from him in the past, but even if it was sub-par it was fun just to take a little road trip and have 4 undisturbed hours to chat in the car. I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of the event as we were leaving the theater, I had grandiose ideas of how the picture would look – the lights, the ambiance, the title of the tour – think amazing. This is the best we could do.

The rest of the weekend was spent on the couch, again. I would love to say that these relaxing weekends have given me the chance to get caught up on many of the movies that I have wanted to see. Unfortunately, although we have access to them on NetFlix streaming – we start the movie and I am asleep within 20 min. So far, I have seen the beginning and end, but not the middle of Corpse Bride, Questions for Gandhi and a National Geographic Special on Egypt.

I have also had the chance to spend some time with my little buddy Jack, while his Ama, Paulette is recovering from surgery. During our car ride on Monday morning I looked in my mirror to see his delightful face and his uber-blue tongue, I couldn’t resist taking a picture.