Monday, April 6, 2009

A Wild Weekend

What made it WILD you ask? Well for starters I spent all of Saturday evening and night sick with the stomach flu… that made for a wild and crazy night. Sara was supposed to meet us for dinner and to hang out – the poor girl barely got dinner and conversation before I had to bolt. Talk about SICK OF BEING SICK. Then on Sunday, Matt and I went to the Wild vs. Red Wings game – that is really what made the weekend fun. The outing was to celebrate Matt’s birthday, in which I gave him the tickets back in November, so we had been in anticipation since then. It seemed like the perfect way for us to celebrate – I being a Wings fan and Matt supporting his hometown Wild. To be a good sport I even chose an outfit to support both the teams, good thing both teams share the colors Red and White. The game was pretty exciting since the Wild really held on to a 2 to 2 tie for the majority of the game. But, in the end the Wings scored with only 50 some seconds left on the clock. It was bittersweet, being the Wings fan that I am I couldn’t help but be excited with the win – BUT it would have been nice for the Wild to win in celebration of Matt’s birthday. Oh, well maybe Minneapolis can redeem themselves this baseball season – we will see how the Tigers hold up against the Twins. With opening day today – let the fun begin!