Monday, November 2, 2009

More Candy For Me!

We have been so busy we decided to officially skip Halloween this year. I lieu of passing out candy we spent the evening dry-walling and painting Matt’s basement and instead of dressing up in fun costumes we were Handy Manny and some other character who does construction. In the picture you can see Matt and his resemblance or lack thereof to Handy Manny. I have to say I missed the festivities a little bit, but that was only a passing thought as I dug into the candy bowl that was now ours to eat. I never did like to share my candy.

Why so busy you ask? Well let me fill you in! Back at the beginning of October we accepted an offer on my house, which was followed up by inspections, appraisals, surveys, etc.. It is so time consuming to buy a house these days. In anticipation of having to move out of my house we have been working on Matt’s house painting, organizing, building a 4th bedroom and family room and all-around just tying up some loose ends. It has been keeping us really busy, but it makes me feel so much better that I can move my stuff in and it has a place to go. I get so ancy when things are in boxes and not organized. I really need to stop reading “Real Simple” magazine – it has me up nights printing labels for the storage boxes and marking the purchase dates on my spices. HAHA

After all our hard work and waiting on the banks we were finally able to close on the 30th of October – which was such a sense of relief - followed by a complex game plan of moving instructions. We are staying in my house until the 13th of November so over the next 2 weeks we will finish moving my things, move Erin’s things to her new apartment and move Matt to his temporary home at a friends house.

On the list for today – painting the living and dining room. Later this week – moving furniture.