Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I’ve Been Dazzled

Not Bedazzled, although that can be rather fun and based on their website “is back again and is the latest fashion craze” (I have yet to see that happen) – I have been Holidazzled! What does that mean you ask? Well it means that I got to go to my first official Holidazzle parade in downtown Minneapolis. Based on the information from Matt’s family and a few tidbits from the official website … The Holidazzle Parade is an annual tradition that has been dazzling crowds since 1992. The parade takes place on the Nicollet Mall, which is a pedestrian shopping area in downtown Minneapolis and it features lots of floats, bands, school groups and characters dressed up in lights and lots of sparkles. The parade is very reminiscent of the Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World – minus the balmy temperatures and over tired kids. The parade was lots of fun and surprisingly it was a really nice night to watch it – I didn’t have frostbite set in to any of my appendages!