Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week Five

Week five was my first full week back at school. I have my usual schedule and teach from about 8:30 to 2:00 on Tuesday and Thursdays. In the past I usually just snacked between classes and then ate my meals when I got home, but I realized this week that I might have to adjust my usual. I have been starving all week and my 15-min breaks between classes have left me with little time to eat. I made a run to the grocery store to stock up on fast foods to have in my office – right now fruit and string cheese has been the perfect solution. I also didn’t realize how little time I have to use the bathroom, my new pregnancy bladder has me looking forward to the end of my classes to just to make it to the bathroom, this should be an interesting semester! In the middle of week five I had some scant spotting, I called my OB and they sent me to the lab to get a blood draw. My levels came back good HCG of 13800 and Progesterone of 31. They said that there is not much to worry about, but they scheduled me for my first ultrasound at five weeks five days. The ultrasound went well and they were able to see the baby’s heartbeat, it was 112 beats per minute, perfectly normal for a heart that just started beating. They did recognize a strange spot on my ovary and scheduled me for another ultrasound at exactly week six.



5 weeks: Baby is the size of a sesame seed
Your baby has grown to the size of a sesame seed, looking more like a tiny tadpole than a human.