Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week Four


At four weeks I decided to take a home pregnancy test to see if we were pregnant. I had a sneaky suspicion since the Saturday before (10 days post ovulation) that I might be pregnant, I was already experience early signs of pregnancy, but was really busy with getting ready to go back to school, so I waited it out until four weeks two days. As soon as I saw the positive pregnancy test I called my GP to see if I could come in and have them validate it with a blood test, sure enough we were pregnant. Matt had been working late all week on a project for work, so I racked my brain for a creative way to tell him when he finally got home. I decided to stop by the pet store and Hobby Lobby on my way home to pick up some supplies. I got enough stuff to make a special dress for Mrs. Whiskers to wear, it seemed the most logical way to tell him since she is our “furbaby.” The top of the dress had the words “I have a secret…” and then under the tu-tu skirt it said “I’m going to be a big sister.” When Matt got home I sent Mrs. Whiskers to the door to meet him and he was very surprised. I have been feeling really healthy and have only been experiencing fatigue and “growing pains.”













4 weeks: Baby is the size of a poppy seed
Your baby -- now officially an embryo -- is about the size of a poppy seed.