Monday, November 15, 2010

Week Fifteen

Week fifteen has been uneventful week ... and that is a good thing. The heartbeat is still strong and besides heartburn I am feeling pretty good. We have spent most of the week Christmas shopping and getting ready to head to Minnesota for Thanksgiving/Christmas. I just love this time of year and Matt and I always have such a good time picking out gifts for our friends and family. We also had a huge task in finding me some new dress boots to wear this Winter. I am finding that all the maternity pants come in a length that is at least two inches shorter than what I wear, so I have taken out the hem to make them a little longer and to compensate for the rest I needed boots with shorter heels. After about four stores and at five minutes 'till closing Matt finally located the right style and I quickly found the right size - success! Now, I should be all set, with modified pants and shorter heels. We also had a great dinner at the Melting Pot with Erin and Jake - yum it is such a great place to have a filling and fun dinner. It was restaurant week in GR so many places offer a special 3-course menu for $20.00, Melting Pot offered a starter course of cheesy spinach and artichoke fondue followed by a choice of salad and then a sample of ravioli, steak, chicken, shrimp, mushrooms and potatoes that you cook in the fondue pot. We of course added on Chocolate fondue for dessert which was delicious with strawberries, but a little overwhelming for me when it came to the cakes, marshmallows and other sweets you could dip. We are getting excited for our sixteen week appointment in a few days and hope to get another thumbs up from Dr. Lown.

15 weeks: Baby is the size of an apple
Your baby has grown to the size of an apple and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. (Length: 4 inches, head to bottom.)