Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week Fourteen

Week fourteen has been an exciting week - the first time I got to experience round ligament pain and the first time I got to feel the baby "flutter" on a regular basis. I first felt the fluttering right before Halloween, but it wasn't consistent at all, in fact I think I felt it one day and then not again for several days. It is such a strange feeling and it still has me wondering what is really going on in there. This week the fluttering has become more and more consistent, about everyday or so, and I can only picture the little one in there swimming laps in its amniotic fluid. I really wish Matt could feel the little flutters because it sure is neat. As for the round ligament pain; that made a timely appearance during one of my classes when I was walking over to a student's computer to help them on their project. Owww, it complete caught me by surprise and had me limping the rest of the class. When I got back to my office I googled how to relieve the pain and spent the next 10 minutes using my desk as a ballet bar for stretching... good thing I am on the 4th floor, I can only imagine what people would think if they could see in my office window. Matt and I also made our inaugural trip to Babies R Us to check out some baby gear. We spent about an hour in there, registered for 2 items and bought nothing. The less than friendly registry lady was floored that we only found two things... I really wanted to point out that most of the items we were looking for they didn't even carry, the rest of the stuff was sold out and to complicate the matter every aisle had unattended kids running around like wild banshees. But, alas, we just smiled and said we were only browsing that day. I look forward to a trip to Buy Buy Baby and USA Baby in the next few weeks, maybe we will have better luck at one of those two places.

14 weeks: Baby is the size of a lemon
Your baby, now as long as a lemon, weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. (Length: 3 1/2 inches, head to bottom.)