Saturday, January 1, 2011

Week Twenty-One

Week twenty-one has been so full of activities I don't even know where to start. Matt and I both had the week off to celebrate Christmas and we made the most of it - shopping, baking, cleaning, watching movies and eating out. Lilly has been a very good girl all week and has made this pregnancy thing seem easy. No pains, no heartburn, no exhaustion .. I know it is only temporary, but it is a great feeling. We spent almost 5 days of this week in Concord helping out with my grandma, baking Christmas cookies, cooking for Christmas dinner and just enjoying being around family. It is an annual tradition that my mom and I shop for all the groceries for the holiday week and we have it down to a science of what stores to visit first, what part of the store things are located in, etc.. this year Matt was brave enough to join us, making this the first year my mom and I didn't have to do the cart pushing and loading and unloading into the car, I do hope he joins us again in the future. Christmas was wonderful and we enjoyed a beautiful candlelight service at church followed by a lazy Christmas morning with family, I think we all enjoyed the relaxed morning knowing it is not about to last long as soon as Lilly enters the picture. Just like when we were in MN Lilly was given some wonderful gifts and Matt and I were spoiled as well. I seem to say this all the time, but the week of Christmas with family is probably my most favorite time of year.

21 weeks: Baby is as long as a carrot
Your baby -- currently the length of a carrot -- weighs about 3/4 of a pound. (Length: 10 1/2 inches, head to heel.)