Monday, March 28, 2011

Week Thirty-Four

Week thirty-four did not bring the news from the Dr. that I was hoping to hear. I had hoped that we would hear that Lilly had disengaged and was floating again. But instead he said she is a tad farther down and I am starting to soften. With news like that I of course want to know exactly when we can expect her, but I guess it is still not an exact science and there is no way of knowing. I have 5 more weeks of class and I desperately want to finish. In the meantime I spent the rest of the week on my left side preparing anything and everything that I might need in case Lilly does come early. My exams are written, lectures are done, back-up plans are made, etc.. At this point if I do have any signs of labor the Dr. is prepared to stall it as long as possible, but at week thirty-five he will let nature take its course, so we will see what happens. As good as I have been at my rest, we did sneak out for an hour to see Matt's good friend Davy play in a reunion concert of Sweet Japonic. We didn't stay too long, only enough to see few songs, but we did get a chance to see Davy and his fiance Jamie before the concert started, they are one of the fantastic couples getting married this Summer and we are thoroughly looking forward to their posh Chicago wedding. I do have to say being pregnant and in a bar does tend to draw quite the looks, but on the plus side I got cuts in the bathroom Over the weekend of week thirty-four my mom and her friend Linda came up for a Saturday visit while the boys were at the State Final basketball games. It was a delight to have some company and it was great because I didn't have to lift a finger. They worked on the valances in Lilly's room which will coordinate with her quilt and bedding, did some laundry and ironing for me and brought lots of food to snack on. I am stocked up on homemade Mac and Cheese and Rice Pudding for the rest of the week. I guess if there is a bright side to having to lay on your left side it is letting other people help out! Next week is going to be a really busy week on campus so this week has been a perfect week of preparation.


34 weeks: Baby weighs as much as a cantaloupe
Your baby has bulked up like the average cantaloupe -- to about 4 3/4 pounds. (Length: almost 18 inches, head to heel.)