Monday, April 25, 2011

Week Thirty-Eight

Week thirty-eight has been somewhat adventurous and full of activity. Now that we have hit all the right marks for development and timing I am free to go back to a normal lifestyle again, yea that has been fun. To start off the week we had a great time with our friends the Oostings, who were in town visiting from Chicago. Asher, his dad Jason and Matt played some nail biting innings of baseball in the family room and Sheri and I had a good time with girl talk. By the middle of the week I treated myself to a prenatal massage and it was delightful. I wish, I was able to have done a massage once a week the whole third-trimester, but we didn't want to risk inducing labor too soon. The therapist was great and worked on my lower back and some acupressure points that hopefully with prepare my body for a "gentle" birth. Depending on when Lilly decides to make her appearance I might make another appointment for the end of this week, just to appease my Taurus personality. We also had our weekly check-up and no surprise Lilly has continued to move towards delivery I am now fully effaced and dilated to 3, it seems that it won't be too much longer now. I have been having regular contractions for hours at a time, but nothing to visit the hospital over. We are hoping that all this practice and movement will help ease me into labor, if that is possible. The last major event of the week involved having my family up for Easter dinner, I believe this is the first time that we have not had this event at my mom's house, so it was a delightful change. Everyone arrived early and helped my prepare the meal and then we all sat back and enjoyed the nice day. We even found time to do a little yard work and go for a walk around the neighborhood. It has been delightful to see the flowers bloom at the new house, I am excited to see what else comes up this Summer and then make a plan to plant for the Fall.


38 weeks: Baby is as long as a leek
Your baby, now as long as a leek, weighs nearly 7 pounds. (Length: more than 19 1/2 inches, head to heel.)