Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week Thirty-Seven

Week 37 has left me excited for the end of the semester. I finished up all important lectures and have handed out all the remaining project packets, now if Lilly decides to come it should be easier to be gone from the last few classes. I also completed my last major day of meetings for the year and have helped to encourage the last group of high-school recruits to attend GVSU and major in business. It is so fun to be on campus these last few weeks, the excitement from the students just fills the air and with the sunshine and daffodils out, you can't help but feel good. Speaking of feeling good, I have been enjoying the last few weeks and I am somewhat sad to know that my pregnancy is almost over, sure I have had my fair share of ups and down, bed rest, aches and pains, etc.. but overall I feel really blessed to have been able to stay comfortable and energetic throughout. I finally got around to taking some pictures of Lilly's room after many people have asked me to post them, for the most part the room is all set, however we are still waiting on our rocking chair to go in the corner next to the nightstand and Matt is finishing a bookcase to go where the bassinet is temporarily placed. The goal of the bassinet is to have it in our room or on the first floor depending on how it is needed.

37 weeks: Baby is as long as a stalk of Swiss chard
Your baby is as lofty as a stalk of Swiss chard and weighs 6 1/3 pounds. (Length: a bit over 19 inches, head to heel.)