Monday, January 16, 2012

Pause

There are so many times a day that I want to hit the pause button and just hold on to that second for hours.

Pause … the moment when she wakes up in the morning and gives Matt and I a huge smile and reaches her arms up for us to pick her up.

Pause … the moment when she is taking her morning nap on my chest and she wakes with a start. Looks at me with sleepy eyes, gives me a sleepy smile that says “everything is alright,” and falls back to sleep.

Pause … the moment when she gives herself a proud grin that she is using the latest technology at her ergonomic standing desk. She is so trendy ... see the WSJ article.

Pause ... the moment she pulls herself up on the edge of the couch to see what I am up to.  This is an especially fun way to play a modified game of peek-a-boo.

Pause ... all the moments she starts laughing so hard she can't contain her happiness.

There are so many more, so many times a day. We are so lucky we get to have our little bug in our lives.