Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!



Lillian had her first hair trim this past weekend. I thought it was going to be one of those emotional moments, where my baby turned into a toddler.  But reality is, Lilly doesn't have a ton of hair, so the 1/4 of an inch that was trimmed is barely noticeable.  It does make her "almost" mullet look a little more full and a little less hillbilly like.  


Going into the event, I was prepare for my little ball of energy to go crazy and squirm and wiggle and just do anything possible to make the trim impossible.  Matt and I came prepared with treats, books, her bear, her blanket and anything else we could think of.  But she was perfect.  She waited patiently while I got my hair cut, she talked with the "great-grandmas" who were getting their hair set, and when it was her turn she walked right up to the chair and climbed on my lap.  Lilly was extra happy that she got the penguin cape to celebrate the holiday season and in the end she was pleased with the result and loved to look at herself in the big mirror.