Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Luckiest



Matt and I had a delightful spur of the moment Date Night.  Lilly got to spend time with Aunnie, Jake and Emma and we got to spend time with the GR Symphony and Ben Folds.  Having seen him many times I was not disappointed to see him again and it was so cool to see him with the symphony.  There is no doubt that he is extremely musically talented.


After seeing him in concert many times, one man &
one piano, he fits right in with the symphony
in the background.

Obligatory "Date Night" selfie ...
 
If he could just edit the song to be Lillian Grac"ie" Girl.
It has always been one of my favorites.  Can't argue with
the lyrics: "Life flies by in seconds
You're not a baby (Lillian) Grace, you're my friend
You'll be a lady soon but until then
You gotta do what I say."
 
 
Ben Folds composing a song with the Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra in front of 2400 fans. The talent on that stage is simply amazing.